REGISTERING TO TAKE THE CALIFORNIA HIGH SCHOOL EQUIVALENCY TEST (HiSET)
In order to take the HiSET, the first thing you must to do is register with the Educational Testing Service.
- Go to the web site at hiset.ets.org. Para información en Español, cliquea aquí.
- Click on the button For Test Takers. This will take you to the page where you will create a Test Taker account.
- You will need to have an e-mail address.
- You must enter your name exactly as it appears on your government-issued picture ID (driver’s license, California ID, passport). If you have questions about acceptable forms of identification, see HiSET ID requirements.
- Search for authorized HiSET test centers at the Find Test Center page.
- If you plan to take the tests at our center, do not pay online. You will pay your test fees directly to our center.
After you have created your HiSET Test Taker account, you can register to take the HiSET tests. To schedule a test, you will need to bring the following with you to Morgan Hill Community Adult School:
- Your valid, government-issued picture ID, showing your name and date of birth exactly as they appear on your HiSET account.
- Your Test Taker ID – the number you receive from Educational Testing Service when you create your account on the web site.
- The test fee of $160 – cash or credit card only (we do not accept personal checks). This fee will entitle you to take each of the five tests one time and it includes the cost of the state-issued California High School Equivalency Certificate.
- Re-tests: You can take two re-tests in any subject within a 12 month period from the date of your first test appointment. The fee for re-tests is $20 each.
- Missed test: There is a $10 fee if you fail to cancel your testing appointment two days prior to the designated testing date.